University of Rochester Project Asst in Rochester, New York
Time as Reported Grade 001 Office of the Dean of Students
THIS POSITION HAS AN END DATE OF 5/20/19.
This graduate student employment opportunity is offered through the Rochester Center for Community Leadership (RCCL), which is part of the office of the Dean of Students in the undergraduate College at the University of Rochester. With latitude for independent judgement and decision making, this position will focus on facilitating student engagement programs and building the internal capacity for the Center to achieve goals in communications, strategic planning, and resource development. The graduate assistant will report to the Assistant Director, and will work closely with other members of the RCCL team.
Monroe County Election Fellows
- Primary responsibility for regular communications and oversight of the students serving as Election Fellows, including weekly email updates during election season.
- Plan and implement monthly meetings of the Election Fellows, including reflection, teambuilding activities, and information sharing.
- Develop training resources for election fellows around principles of civic engagement, leadership development, election administration, and the role of election inspectors.
- Coordinate and manage data collection for student applications to the election fellows program using cloud-based data management software system. Develop and implement program assessment tools.
- Assist with communications with Monroe County Board of Elections staff, as needed.
Evaluation & Assessment
- Provide technical support for aspects of the Center's strategic plan related to evaluation and assessment of student programs
- Assist with evaluation design and implementation
- Conduct research on existing models of engagement, compile materials related to community engagement and scholarship at peer institutions, and properly report back on findings on an ongoing basis
- Envision, write, and implement website updates, blog posts, social media campaigns, and e-newsletter articles
- Supervise all aspects of The Bridge Newsletter, including but not limited to: generating and curating content and events, seeking out article contributions, generating layout of e-newsletter, upkeep of distribution list to maintain compliance with e-marketing best practices and anti-SPAM regulations, and analysis of delivery/read statistics
- Liaise with RCCL communications team to provide feedback on website content and structure
- Must be a full-time, matriculated graduate student studying in a field related to education, human development, policy, evaluation, or another related field.
- At least two semesters of undergraduate experience in community engagement, leadership development, or political engagement.
- Broad knowledge the U.S. voting system with the ability to learn details of voting law.
- Ability to work equitably and civilly with individuals of diverse political backgrounds.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Project Asst
Location: The College
Job ID: 208951
Full/Part Time: TAR