University of Rochester Project Asst in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 001 Event and Classroom Management
8 AM-4:30 PM
The ECM Office Assistant works to support a growing department in collaboration with the Executive Director to complete event specific tasks and oversee the general office operations. This position plays a central role in the Event and Classroom Management Office, as it is one of the initial contacts for inquiries and correspondence that filters through the office.
- Manage phone calls coming into the Conference and Commencement phone lines and serve as a back up to the technology help phone line. Must independently handle many customer service issues and new business inquiries.
- Manage the calendar of the Executive Director and coordinate meetings, travel and expense reports.
- Provide clerical and administrative support for select ECM staff.
- Oversee the smooth running of office operations by maintaining and purchasing equipment and supplies.
- Assist Conference Managers with the credit card payment process and reconciliation for all conference business.
- Serve as a backup EMS reservationist.
- Provides onsite conference and event assistance for select ECM associated events: assist with registration area, customer service and support of ECM Conference managers.
- Supervise and direct the work assignments of 4 student employees and assist with student payroll.
- Oversee student worker recruitment and training for College Commencement.
- Independently oversee regalia process for all University academic events, including updating of participant regalia information, providing appropriate regalia to individuals for all ceremonies, cleaning and maintaining all ECM owned University regalia.
- Produce programs, letters, and other correspondence as needed and oversee all event mailings.
- Foster clear and constructive communications with clients and service departments such as caterers, security, travel, parking, etc. Arrange for personnel coverage for events.
- Manage the University's New Hire Orientation on behalf of ECM.
Experience coordinating events or programs. Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a fastpaced, results-oriented environment; ability to multitask and manage projects with different deadlines; strong written and oral communication skills; strong customer service skills; positive attitude and ability work in a team setting
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Project Asst
Location: The College
Job ID: 206561
Full/Part Time: Full-Time