University of Rochester Pro-Fee Coder in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 006 URMFG Business Office
8 AM-4:30 PM
Checks, codes and compiles data from patients' records; prepares periodic reports; may check and coordinate the work of coder trainees.
- Reviews patients' records; according to recognized classification system, codes and indexes diseases, surgery, treatments and final diagnosis.
- Maintains computerized indexes according to established plans and procedures.
- May train, check and coordinate the work of coder trainees.
- As necessary, provides hospital staff members with information and instruction relevant to Disease Index methods and procedures; communicates to same file requirements; assists same in facilitating research and study needs.
- Performs related clerical tasks such as filing, typing and the like.
2 years of post High School courses with emphasis on medical terminology plus 1 year related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Pro-Fee Coder
Location: Medical Faculty Group
Job ID: 212866
Full/Part Time: Full-Time