University of Rochester Physician Support Spec in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 009 CVSL Cath & EP & Holding
8 AM-4:30 PM
Under the general supervision of the Administrator of the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory and the Chief Nurse Practitioner Clinic Coordinator, this position is the central administrative contact to maintain and improve efficiencies related to the functioning, growth, and success of the University Structural Heart Clinic which is a fast-growing regional service. This position requires considerable latitude for independent judgment, initiative, and proficiency in office management skills, with minimal direction from superiors. The incumbent will represent the UR Medicine Structural heart program across a wide regional area.
This position requires the ability to triage a large volume of work under limited time constraints. The position requires extensive knowledge of Hospital and University Policy and Procedures, strong organizational, communication, and computer skills. In department business matters, has frequent contact with faculty members and other Administrative staff. Emphasis is on pleasant, professional presentations with duties performed accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Independently problem-solve and be proactive regarding day-to-day issues. Develop and implement new/updated procedures as necessary. These include but are not limited to creating functional working processes for structural heart procedures, phone triage, setting up dates and physician coverage for future clinic dates, etc.
- Manage informational databases that are crucial to maintaining the structural heart program, including the REDCAP, Financial Stats, and Frailty Scores. These databases are used by a substantial internal customer base including Finance, Quality Assurance, Health Information Management, Administrators, Physicians, and Clinic Coordinators.
- Communication. Act as Valve Clinic Liaison and primary point person with referring physician offices, product vendors, members of the Valve Clinic team, patients/families, insurance companies, etc.
- Participate in Administrative Meetings, including evaluation of length of stay for TAVI procedure patients, promotion of Valve Clinic’s publicity efforts, researching and recommending data collection management for our continually increasing clinic volume.
- Scheduling appointments for patients, including coordinating multidisciplinary evaluation and follow-up, schedule TAVI procedures which require a multistep focus for proper scheduling and insurance reimbursement.
- Maintain schedules for the TAVI Interventional Cardiologists and Clinical Coordinators.
Associate’s degree in Medical, Secretarial or related field and a minimum of three years of relevant experience required: or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Medical terminology, experiences with surgical/appointment scheduling software (such as Flowcast), and electronic medical records, preferred. Demonstrated customer relations skills.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Physician Support Spec
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 212273
Full/Part Time: Full-Time