University of Rochester Physician Asst in Rochester, New York
Time as Reported Grade 054 Radiation Oncology SMH
8 AM-4:30 PM
Under the general direction of the physicians and clinical manager, and with latitude for independent judgment and action, provides patient care consistent with the scope of privileges defined by the Department of Radiation Oncology, written practice protocols, applicable State and Federal laws and regulations; and in collaboration with other health team members.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Provide direct support to the radiation oncologist, including evaluation of new and existing patients including in-patient consults and admissions: take history and perform pertinent physical examination ensuring availability and completeness of e-record documentation, reports and imaging examinations and provide patient and family counseling, education and instruction.
- Provide follow-up care, including independent follow-up clinics.
- Perform chart review for QA.
- Provide floating coverage depending on departmental needs.
- Facilitate communication with multidisciplinary team, primary care physician, and other health care providers as necessary and participate in team meetings.
- Order appropriate laboratory and other diagnostic tests, review test results and alert attending physician of abnormal results. Write prescriptions and orders for IV fluids for patients.
- Assessment and management of pain, including referrals to pain clinic or palliative care, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Completion of an AMA approved Physicians' Assistant program and certified as a Registered Physician's Assistant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Physician Asst
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 208824
Full/Part Time: TAR