University of Rochester Physician Asst, Primary Care in Rochester, New York
Part Time 20 hours Grade 054 Letchworth Family Medicine
Provides comprehensive care with an emphasis on health promotion and education in the Primary Care setting. Refers patients’ medical problems to health care specialist for review. Occasional evening and weekend work is possible.
Under general direction and with latitude for independent judgment. All assessments and medical planning of care are accomplished under the direction of the physician:
- Examines patients and prescribes treatment when indicated for individuals and families requiring acute and chronic health care, preventative and restorative care and evaluation and care of physical, mental and developmental function and capabilities, interacts with a variety of healthcare professionals being recognized as first-line resources to the physicians regarding changes in patient conditions, refers patients for additional treatment or evaluation as necessary, orders and performs appropriate laboratory diagnostic and other screening tests.Obtains other information as needed, including consultation with physicians and other clinicians for evaluation of illness, integrates data to determine diagnosis and therapeutic plan, includes identification or potential health risks, develops and implements treatment plan by prescribing/dispensing medications and/or injections in compliance with medical practice guidelines and state law.
- Assists physicians in meeting the comprehensive primary care needs of patients, including but not limited to screening, history, physical examination and procedures, provides phone care, serving as a resource to the nursing staff regarding phone care, triage evaluations for acute care and patient management when clinical decisions are required.
- Updates documentation for medical records including medical charts by documenting examination and test results, diagnosis, medication and treatment in written/electronic form (EMR), maintains communication with and coordinates care provided by outside agencies in collaboration with the primary physician, acts as the liaison between the office, the primary physician and the staff of outside agencies or other attending physicians, coordinates the completion of documentation required for patient care or outside evaluation in the absence of the primary care physician, shares responsibility with nursing staff to contact patients failing to return for recommended care, providing outreach services to these patients and families, collaborate with management and physicians to develop, implement, and evaluate patient care standards, programs, clinical standards and policies, acts as collaborator/consultant to clinical team in area of specialty.
- Counsels and educates patients, families, caregivers on either self or direct care intended to maintain or restore physical or emotional health or function.
- Attends continuing education and professional development programs, contributes to the development of clinical standards through participation in educational activities and professional organizations.
- Provides clinical precept supervision for physician assistant students.
Completion of a program for the training of Physician Assistants approved by the New York State Education Department as licensure qualifying or accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant and 2 years of professional experience in an outpatient practice; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Current CPR certification.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Physician Asst, Primary Care
Location: Medical Faculty Group
Job ID: 209048
Full/Part Time: Part-Time