University of Rochester Phlebotomist-Sr, Full-time 40 hours in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 094 Phlebotomy
*Position Summary: *
The Quality Assurance Sr. Tech, with guidance from the Manager, Chief Supervisor, and Supervisor’s in conjunction the Quality and Safety Coordinator oversees all aspects of the department QA activities including development of QA standards based on regulatory agency requirements, collection and documentation of QA data, monitoring of patient care QA issues and documentation of QA problems/corrective action/follow-up monitoring.
- Manages all aspects of standardizing SOP’s, Master Index, document numbering system and completion of document change control form. Coordinates yearly sign off by Pre-analytical Operations Manager and Medical Director.
- Maintains a schedule of internal audits.Compiles audit data and reports results to the department Manager, Chief Supervisor and Quality Assurance Department.
- Recognizes the need for and initiates random internal audits based on results of internal QA or customer related issues, identifies trends and makes suggestions and recommendation for process improvement.
- Compiles QA monitor data and reports
- Documents and follows-up on audit findings and corrective action using the Quality Improvement Process template.
- Other duties as assigned.
AS and one (1) year laboratory experience preferred, or Two (2) years Laboratory Science and technical training closely related to this position, or A combination of formal training and experience equivalent to the above. Minimum of two (2) years SMH Phlebotomy Operational Experience. May be required to rotate shifts, will be required to work weekends, holidays and on call as assigned.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Phlebotomist-Sr, Full-time 40 hours
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 208258
Full/Part Time: Full-Time