University of Rochester Pharmacy Technician-Inpatient Pharmacy in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 089 Pharmacy SMH
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED AT THE INPATIENT PHARMACY
Assist pharmacist in the maintenance of the inpatient pharmacy's drug distribution system, with a focus on quality and accuracy, patient care, and customer service. Under supervision of a pharmacist, and consistent with state, federal and local regulations, prepare medication orders for final check by pharmacist. This includes, but is not limited to, processing orders through pharmacy computer system, identification of patient in hospital, entering patient information into computer system, and physically preparing drug product (doses) for pharmacist's review/final check prior to delivery to patient care areas.
- Prepares medication orders with oversight of pharmacist ¿ correctly determines the number of doses to be sent, accurately obtains pre-made medications, and acts as a liaison for the pharmacist in obtaining medications from ancillary areas.
- Fills unit dose carts per computer generated patient profiles and automated medication dispensing equipment. Routinely deliver and exchange 24-hour supply medication carts.
- Ensures medications are delivered to patient care areas in a timely manner; via pneumatic tubes, cart delivery, or hand carrying.
- Modifies filled carts by adding or deleting medications from patient drawers.
- Performs monthly nursing unit inspections for quality assurance and communicate any immediate problems to a supervisor for correction.
- Monitors inventory levels.
- Interacts with staff members and completes other duties as assigned by pharmacists or supervisor.
- Employs courtesy and uses constructive communication with pharmacy, customers, patients, and hospital staff.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
High school education; including at least one of the following. Certified Pharmacy technician, successful completion of a formal technician training program, at least one year of pharmacy experience, three or more years of healthcare related experience, associates or bachelor's degree or 5 years of experience in a science or business or enrolled in an accredited pharmacy school. Detail-oriented; computer literate; math aptitude including a basic understanding of units of measure; ability to work as part of a team; prioritization capabilities, and exceptional communication and customer service skills. Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) certification required within twelve months of entering into position. Previous experience with pharmacy applications a plus.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Pharmacy Technician-Inpatient Pharmacy
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 210475
Full/Part Time: Full-Time