University of Rochester Patient Services Rep in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 007 Imaging Sciences-Pre Auth
Responsible for providing accurate and efficient telehealth services including, but not limited to, general information, provider referral, class registration, and caller assistance to patients or health plan members. Responsible as the primary contact for inbound calls to Imaging Sciences as well as be required to perform marketing related functions as needed through outbound call activity
- Effectively schedules imaging appointments using Imagecast, Flowcast and insurance checking software applications.Accurately performs data entry at time of call. Performs and maintains a constructive working relationship with the callers, physician offices, team members, supervisors and others as needed.
- Participates in department in-services and meetings.Adheres to the policies and procedures of the organization and the contact center.Performs other duties as assigned by Contact Center Manager or designee.
- Associate degree in a business field and 2 years of related experience with medical insurances and/or customer services; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years recent health care and customer service experience required (i.e., medical assistant, certified nurses aid, medical secretary, medical technician, health plan claims analyst, etc.)
- Basic personal computer skills and comfort with Microsoft Windows® operating system, Imagecast and Flowcast.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated active listening skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time
- Demonstrated team work skills
- Clear and pleasant telephone voice
- Good organizational skills and ability to set priorities and solve problems
- Works effectively with minimum supervision
- Works well as a team member
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) desired
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Patient Services Rep
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 207175
Full/Part Time: Full-Time