University of Rochester Patient Access Assoc in Rochester, New York
Part Time 28 hours Grade 008 Admissions Center-SMH
Utilizing excellent customer service skills and incorporating thorough knowledge of hospital policy and procedures as they relate to registration, financial screening, scheduling and bed management process, demonstrates excellent role model behaviors. Arranges for the admission of patients to inpatient and outpatient beds in collaboration with clinical staff schedules; assigns accommodation codes and service locations in the registration system.
Works with Clinical and Professional staff to obtain required information (clinical, financial, demographic and psychosocial risk factors) to facilitate efficient patient flow throughout the Health System:
- Coordinates referral intake, conducts infection control and financial screening
- Collaborates with clinical staff for bed assignments
- Provides patient demographic, clinical and financial information to multidisciplinary team members
- Audits and reconciles daily census
- Accommodates provider and patient request/special needs as able
- Enters ADT transactions into the hospital information system; assigns appropriate room accommodation codes to facilitate hospital billing
- Notifies PCP office of patient admission; sends attending physician notices to patient ("I'm Your Doctor").
- Screens decedent referrals for medical/legal concerns prior to forwarding to the Medical Examiner or Office of Counsel
- Reviews fetal and adult death certificate for accuracy; assists clinical staff in the completion of requirements
- Screens autopsy consents for accuracy
- Coordinates the release of deceased in conjunction with Finger Lakes Donor Recovery network
- Authorizes release of deceased to Funeral Directors and/or Medical Examiner.
Health Information Management
- Provides Release for Information to providers and other facilities as requested
- Provides Access to electronic record to Medical Examiner staff with subpoena
- Scans information into electronic medical record (including but not limited to Ambulance run forms and Health Care Proxy forms)
Performs other duties as assigned by Admission Center Director/Manager.
Associate degree in related discipline with 3 years of related (Financial, registration, Bed Management or scheduling) experience, preferably in a hospital setting. Demonstrated leadership experience or equivalent of education/experience. Medical terminology and excellent customer service skills are preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Patient Access Assoc
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 207579
Full/Part Time: Part-Time