University of Rochester Outreach Coordinator in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 009 Ophthalmology
8 AM-4:30 PM; WKENDS
Responsible for providing administrative support to the Director of Outreach & Business Development and implementation of marketing strategies and tactics that sustain and strengthen the Flaum Eye Institute. Essential to the job are strong interpersonal, project management, writing, organizational and communication skills. Duties are perfom1ed under general direction of the Director of Outreach & Business Development who develops marketing strategies and plans for ophthalmology programs.
- Aid the Director of Outreach in developing mutually beneficial relationships with referring providers in the region and their staff as it relates to clinical programs as well as general educational needs
- Aid the Director of Outreach by maintaining written record of office calls and conduct follow up as appropriate
- Assist the Director of Outreach in providing advertising, marketing, and logistical support for special events and community outreach projects ( open houses, patient and/ or physician events, health fairs, public lectures, and other community outreach activities), collaborating with URMC physician liaisons and other internal or external resources, as necessary
- Explore outreach opportunities for involvement in the communities of each satellite office
- Assist the Director of Outreach in executing Continuing Medical Education events
- Co-editor of Alumni Newsletter and FEI internal Insight Newsletter as well as frequent contributor to the quarterly Vision for the Future Newsletter
- Manage the Flaum Eye Institute social media accounts, checking regularly for new content to post, addressing patient concerns/requests/comments in a timely manner
- Assist in execution of the marketing priorities of ophthalmology programs including pre-and post-continuing medical education program, community and donor program coordination, as well as meeting scheduling coordination.
- Work with FEI marketing team as appropriate, to coordinate marketing materials and advertising placement plans.
- Draft, edit, and/or proofread copy for a variety purposes ( e.g., a departmental web pages, brochure copy, announcements, posters, letters, invitations, advertisements, social media etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Assist the Director of Outreach in maintaining relationships with the Flaum Eye Institute Advisory Board
- Assist in execution of quarterly advisory board meetings (prepare binders and presentation, schedule each meeting, coordinate attendance)
- Managing the Glover-Crask Eye Glasses for Kids events once monthly providing free vision screenings and glasses to the underserved communities in the region
- Serve as an active member of URMC and FEI Committees:
- FEI Marketing and Outreach Committee
- FEI Advancement Committee
- FEI Patient and Family Centered Care Committee
2 years of post-High School education in secretarial studies or the equivalent. At least 3 years of secretarial and office experience, including 1 year in a position which demonstrated the ability to work with minimum supervision and to direct an office operation. Advanced secretarial skills.
Bachelor's degree and one to three years' relevant experience in marketing, public relations and development; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Outreach Coordinator
Location: Medical Faculty Group
Job ID: 208779
Full/Part Time: Full-Time