University of Rochester Outpatient Access Specialist in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 007 Medicine/AIR Ambulatory
THIS POSITION HAS AN END DATE OF 8/1/18.
With general direction and with some latitude for initiative and judgment, perform routine and non-routine duties. Require advanced secretarial skills and proficiency. Provide secretarial support for the AIR a division of Strong Memorial Hospital.
Manage workload responsibilities to ensure priorities are appropriately set and all work is completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Perform check-in & check-out functions during clinic time.Responsible for the accurate and complete registration of all patients.Maintain watch over waiting room to ensure patients have been checked and ushered into exam rooms in a timely fashion.Keep patients informed of wait times.Serve as receptionist to all people coming into office.
- Perform the following duties:Book new and return clinic visits, optimizing provider schedules.Verify patient insurances prior to scheduled appointment times via electronic methods.May also require telephone calls to insurers and patients for verification. Assist with reminder phone calls to patients, and rescheduling of bumped patients.
- Manage eRecord work-queues and clerical pool messages. These include performing tasks such as obtaining prior authorizations for skin tests, queuing medication refills, managing release of information requests, etc.
- Manage incoming and outgoing phone calls, route calls to appropriate areas and/ or task detailed messages to providers and other staff members.Responsible for courteous and efficient phone communication.
- Perform other secretarial activities of office for cross covering;including, but not limited to, opening, sorting and routing of mail, photocopying, maintaining files and office supplies and maintaining office equipment.
High school diploma, plus 2.5 years related education or work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Medical terminology experience required. Demonstrated ability to word process documents and enter data into a database. Demonstrated skills related to achievement of customer satisfaction. Demonstrates the ICARE values to patient, families and staff. Ability to act as a resource to less experienced staff. Desire to work in a clinical setting, interacting daily with patients. Demonstrate the ability and desire to perform both independently and as a team player. Requires strong people skills, attention to detail, and initiative.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Outpatient Access Specialist
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 207167
Full/Part Time: Full-Time