University of Rochester Outpatient Access Specialist in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 007 Dentistry Urgent Care
8 AM-5 PM
Responsible for coordinating functions associated with processing of patient information for dental visits and acts as a resource to staff, residents and patients while performing those functions. Monitors and ensures all functions are completed in an accurate, efficient, & customer friendly manner.
- Greeting patients immediately, displaying highest standard of customer service as they enter the practice.
- Accurately follow Axium registration processes, updating demographics, insurance, obtain signatures as needed.
- Verify patient insurance eligibility.
- Answer incoming calls, retrieving messages multiple times throughout the day, returning any messages prior to end of day, along with triaging calls to eliminate unnecessary appointments, decrease providers needing to return calls to patients, other providers or pharmacies.
- Perform or help with other program related tasks necessary for the efficient and productive operation of the clinic. This is to include but not be limited to: daily AM or PM staff informational meetings, tracking provider/staff schedules to ensure efficiency with daily operations.
- Various general office duties as assigned.
High School diploma plus 2.5 years related work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. High standard of customer service skills required. Dental office experience and the ability to speak Spanish desirable, but not required.
Ability to work and interact with all patients, staff, residents and faculty in a professional, courteous manner. Ability to communicate well, using proper phone etiquette. Ability to have a flexible schedule. Ability to multi-task and use multi-phone line. Ability to learn and apply new computer software systems.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Outpatient Access Specialist
Location: Eastman Dental Center
Job ID: 210523
Full/Part Time: Full-Time