University of Rochester Outpatient Access Specialist in Rochester, New York
Part Time 28 hours Grade 007 OBGYN General
This position will serve to assist the Division of General Ob/Gyn. OAS coordinates functions associated with patient information processing for ambulatory care visits and acts as a resource to staff performing those functions. Monitors and assures that all functions are completed in an accurate, efficient, and customer friendly manner. Is proficient at use of Flowcast and eRecord systems and is a resource to new staff.
- Performs duties of Outpatient Access Associate as required by departmental needs.Achieves and maintains proficiency in provision of excellent customer service, accuracy of data, and efficiency of work.
- Performance analysis:Coordinates daily efforts to edit and correct registration and billing errors, monitors charge entry and reconciliation of area charges, ensures accuracy of patient schedules, identifies ways to reduce follow-up, repetitive or corrective work.
- Training:Provides training to other clerical staff on all aspects of department-specific work, including orientation to registration, charge entry, and customer service.Acts as information resource for all Departmental staff in regards to registration and billing activities.Attends educational programs for department at direction of supervisor and teaches other staff.
- Appointment scheduling:Maintains and updates appointment scheduling resources, reports to Supervisor suggestions for increasing efficiency, allocates rooms to providers as available, coordinates multiple schedules and monitors for changes in availability and overbooking, and coordinates and schedules procedures and tests.
- Financial account management:Establishes financial arrangements, on a daily basis reviews management reports on visit and charge data, reconciling these reports with services provided.Where appropriate, follows-up with providers to reconcile discrepancies, and provides recommendations to Supervisor for updates to charges.
- Customer interaction:Opens a telephone encounter in eRecord when patients have clinical questions, assesses the urgency of a situation and determines the appropriate routing for the patient, serves as a focal point for handling complaints, utilizes service recovery concepts, serves as front-line problem solver.
- Other duties:Provides support for Departmental activities including monitoring inventory of supplies, supply ordering and maintenance clinic services (escorting patients, witnessing consent signatures, etc.).May assist with clinical tasks related to escorting patients to rooms and opening the encounter in eRecord.
High School diploma and 2.5 years related work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Medical terminology experience required. Demonstrated ability to word process documents and enter data into a database. Demonstrated skills related to achievement of customer satisfaction. Demonstrates the ICARE values to patient, families and staff. Ability to act as a resource to less experienced staff. Bilingual Spanish speaking preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Outpatient Access Specialist
Location: Medical Faculty Group
Job ID: 207874
Full/Part Time: Part-Time