University of Rochester Outpatient Access Specialist in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 007 Imaging Sciences-Image Library
The Imaging information management specialist provides key support to the URM Radiology department. This team facilitates critical triage between other physicians and Radiologists, early identification and reporting of critical findings, as well as facilitates the image ingestion and distribution for outside providers and patients. The team serves as a clinical help desk for level 1 issue resolution for both process and clinical efficiency. The candidate should possess excellent customer service skills and ability to handle multiple incoming and critical situations simultaneously.
Image Transfer and Image Intake Management:
- Fulfill requests from Providers of CD uploads to PACS and nominations on lifeIMAGE
- Utilize Lifeimage for image transfer to Eview/EMR
- Generate order of foreign study in RIS under SMH MRN and unique accession number
- Nominate studies to PACS in lifeIMAGE using SMH MRN and accession number
- Validates studies in eView to assure all images were sent and patient demographics are accurate
- Obtain outside studies from other hospitals/Imaging sites when requested from Providers and/or Radiologists utilizing the LifeImage application whenever possible.
Triaging calls to appropriate section:
- Provide first level Help Desk phone support for large group of UR Physicians in need of a Radiologist to answer questions related to patient care/diagnosis/treatment plan. Triage calls to the appropriate organ-based section on questions provided using critical thinking to assure you are meeting the customer’s needs in a timely fashion.
- Receive and triage phone calls of studies with no dictation in need of an urgent verbal read from all locations and ordering offices.
- Triage calls from Physicians and/or ordering offices with questions. Call offices per request from the Radiologist to reach a provider who has a question regarding ordered exam while they are protocolling requests.
- Receive, resolve, or triage if necessary regional hospitals / Urgent Care Centers inquiries for STAT reads.
Ultra Mobile Imaging/Buffalo Pediatric/Auburn Hospital/Urgent Care Center read requests
- Receive notification from site of image transfer to lifeIMAGE in need of STAT read
- Perform patient registration in FlowCast (HIS) and ImageCast (RIS)
- Nominate study from lifeIMAGE to PACS, entering UR Patient demographics MRN and Accession #
- Monitor exam to meet expected turn-around time for dictation (UltraMobile:2 hours/ Buffalo Pediatric Urgent Care: 30 minutes/ Auburn Hospital: 60 minutes), escalate to appropriate organ based reading section for read if necessary.
Attorney/Subpoena requests for Digital images:
- Grant requests for digital images from law firm and subpoena requests ensuring all SOP and legal guidelines followed.
- Provide invoice and receive and process payment.
- Burn requested images, validate images and mail out CD
- Scan packet once CD is mailed into Primordial
- Monitor dashboard for critical results and/or significant findings reported by Radiologists:
- Provide first hand response to Radiologists requests to contact Physicians to patch into Radiologist for STAT findings of patients Imaging studies performed at UR Medicine, Strong West, Science Park, Greece sports, Clinton Crossing Orthopedics, All UR Medicine Urgent Care Centers, Auburn, Noyes and FF Thompson.
- Image QC’s entered by Radiologists: communicate to modality section Supervisor. Monitor to assure Supervisor has addressed the QC and closes the job on Primordial to remove from the list.
- Call results for all Hospitals listed above- “Clerical to call results” requests: Contact Physician and interpret results of imaging study of their patient. Triage phone calls to appropriate organ-based section if Physician is in need of speaking to a Radiologist for further evaluation of their patient.
- Close significant finding or clerical to call event on Primordial dashboard once request has been completed.
Addendums to finalized reports:
- Email appropriate Radiologist to inform them of an issue reported and addendum needed from the requesting Physician for Imaging study.
High School diploma and 2.5 years related work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Medical terminology experience required. Experience with information technology and demonstrated ability to utilize computers and wide variety of software programs. Demonstrated skills related to achievement of customer satisfaction. Demonstrates the ICARE values to patient, families and staff. Ability to act as a resource to less experienced staff. Ability to work independently.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Outpatient Access Specialist
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 205999
Full/Part Time: Full-Time