University of Rochester Outpatient Access Lead in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 008 Primary Care Administration
Position Summary: Coordinates activities of Outpatient Access Associates and Outpatient Access Specialists. Acts as a resource to staff performing those functions in a clinic setting. Monitors and assures that all functions are completed in an accurate, efficient, and customer friendly manner. Coordinates all staff training activities. Assists Clinic Supervisor or Manager through operational support and personnel related matters, including performance evaluations, and developing plans for improvement in staff member's completion of assigned activities.
- Performs duties of Outpatient Access Specialists as required by departmental needs. Sets the standard for customer service, accuracy, and efficiency in the Outpatient Access work areas.
- Coordination of activities: Identifies, implements and monitors operational changes to improve clinic functioning in conjunction with supervisor and other clinic staff. Updates and creates new policies and procedures. Incorporates new functions into the role of the Outpatient Access staff as needed.
- Assists with personnel-related matters: Schedules staff work time, verifies time worked for supervisor in management of HRMS, and handles sick calls and vacation coverage needs. Provides input to supervisor on staff performance for evaluations and/or performance reviews. Works with supervisor to assure that all clerical functions are completed by available staff, assigns staff to special projects as needed. Acts as area authority in absence of supervisor.
- Training: Coordinates all activities around staff training both internal and external to department. Once a staff member has been hired, schedules training through Educations Services and eRecord. Creates schedule for new staff to learn clinic functions; monitors staff compliance with in-services/competency achievement. Develops programs of further education for staff. Works with supervisor to enhance education and interdisciplinary work on the unit.
- Scheduling: Works with faculty practice and clinic representatives to maintain clinic schedules, instructs appointment scheduling staff regarding schedule changes, and pro-actively reviews future schedules to identify problems. Reviews management reports and actual schedules and reports to supervisor trends affecting the schedules and recommends changes to improve patient flow.
- Financial account management: Establishes financial arrangements, on a daily basis reviews management reports on visit and charge data, reconciling these reports with services provided. Where appropriate, follows-up with providers to reconcile discrepancies, and provides recommendations to Supervisor for updates to charges.
- Customer interaction: Role models excellent customer service to patients and their families, providers and staff. Serves as a focal point for handling complaints, initiates service recovery activities, and serves as front-line trouble shooter and problem solver. Implements activities with Outpatient Access staff that will improve customer satisfaction.
- Information reporting: Provides supervisor with room usage reports, patient statistics, and other operational reports which monitor clinic functions; identifies and implements other reporting mechanisms to improve clinic operations.
- Other: Performs other duties as required, including attendance at Ambulatory Manager¿ meeting, working on special projects for Ambulatory Care, and working with faculty practices or other providers on special projects. Interfaces with leaders from the Central Insurance Verification Unit, Education Services, Patient Accounts Office and others as required of role.
- This position will require travel to new builds and acquisitions.
Associate's degree in Medical, Secretarial or related field and 2-3 years of experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Medical terminology experience required. Demonstrated customer relations skills. This position will require travel to new builds and acquisitions.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Outpatient Access Lead
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 208501
Full/Part Time: Full-Time