University of Rochester Orthotics/Prosthetics Fitter in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 092 Orthotics and Prosthetics
8 AM-4:30 PM
Provides independent patient care related to patient evaluation, prescription recommendation, applying all manner of fracture casts, fitting and adapting of assistive devices and coordination of patient care with other health care professionals. Usually works in accordance with standard procedures and practices. Exercises a high degree of judgment and skill.
- Obtains a history of the patient, evaluates patient, and examines the patient manually. Determines the needs of the patient by integrating the information obtained from history, examination and observation in order to assess the specific needs of the patient. Analyzes the data obtained by empirical methods in order to prepare a recommendation.
- Collaborates with patient, family and involved providers to develop a treatment protocol for the specific patient and to determine a specific device recommendation and plan for its use.
- Obtains and accurately records appropriate measurements and other data from the patient in order to produce the device recommended.
- Measures a patient by utilizing proper instruments and tests in order to compile data to be used in prosthetic and orthotic design and fabrication. Manipulate the patient's body or body segments to provide correction.
- Properly fist orthotic designs by utilizing accepted prosthetic/orthotic techniques in order to achieve optimum fit, function and cosmesis.
- Evaluates a patient's gait by visual observation in order to achieve optimum prosthetic or orthotic function.
- Achieves optimum alignment of patient's prosthetic/orthotic device by evaluation of the sagittal, transverse and coronal planes in order to provide maximum function.
- Manages a simple, stable fracture utilizing prefabricated orthoses.
- Follows up with patient care in order to assure proper fit and function of the prosthetic/orthotic device by periodic evaluation.
- Provides the solution to a patient's prosthetic/orthotic problem by appropriate evaluation in order to achieve proper function.
- Educates the patient on the various procedures you are about to perform and/or explain his/her role and responsibilities regarding these procedures by utilizing appropriate communication skill in order to achieve successful fabrication and utilization of the prosthetic/orthotic device.
- Communicates patient information to referring physicians and other healthcare providers to achieve ultimate patient care.
- Follows procedures for patient care that comply with accepted medical/legal requirements by maintaining current education in these areas to provide appropriate patient care in order to avoid legal ramifications.
High School degree. Ability to interact with patients and physicians on a professional level. Willingness and ability to learn. Associates Degree plus work experience in a healthcare setting preferred. Certification by American Board for Certification of Orthotics, Prosthetics and Pedorthics preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Orthotics/Prosthetics Fitter
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 208383
Full/Part Time: Full-Time