University of Rochester Ordering & Receiving Clerk in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 006 Materials Management Svcs SMH
Maintain OR supply and implant inventory for SMH operating rooms. Create and maintain computerized inventory sheets, monitor stock levels and create electronic requisitions to maintain appropriate inventory levels. Receive in product, check for accurate shipping, enter receipt information into the materials management software (PMM). Report any discrepancies to appropriate personnel. Review daily the OR schedule for product requirements for upcoming cases. Review backorder and item sub reports daily. Other duties as assigned.
- Receive product in, checking the Purchase Order for correct products and quantity, verify packing slip accuracy. Report any discrepancies to appropriate personnel. Enter receipt information into the hospital materials management system (PMM). Deliver to appropriate inventory location/cart and stock according to best practices. Keep MPD storeroom clean and tidy, pick up all product and maintain a safe work area. Verify that all product has been put away in the proper location and is organized. Be available to answer questions about stock for SPD staff. Attend SPD meeting daily to inform staff of product updates. Provide exceptional customer service to Nursing for required supplies and implants.
- Maintain inventory levels for assigned inventory locations per hospital policy and inventory management/supply chain best practices. Maintain inventory par forms and other inventory management tools in University materials management software for accurate bin locations, par levels, etc. Review and update par forms monthly. Daily review and maintain assigned inventory locations, ensuring stock is rotated and checking expiration dates.
- Create electronic requisitions/POs to maintain appropriate inventory levels or as requested by supervisor.
- Communicate and interact with clinicians and supervisor to obtain required supplies and implants per SMH Vendor Policy and SMH Periop New Product Policy.
- Review daily back order and other reports and bring any issues to the attention of the supervisor and nursing in a proactive manner. Problem solve stock supply questions for Anesthesia, SPD/MPD and/or Nursing.
- Under the direction of the supervisor, assist in Physical Inventory at both Fiscal Year End and Calendar Year End - counting and documenting all owned supplies and implants in SMH OR area according to requirements of Hospital Finance.
- Other duties as assigned
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Ordering & Receiving Clerk
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 210836
Full/Part Time: Full-Time