University of Rochester Oprs Mgr Matls Supply, SMH in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 053 Sterile Processing Department
- Manage and coordinate all activities of the Sterile Processing Department to ensure safe and reliable operation of all systems and equipment that is consistent with AAMI, AORN, Joint Commission standards and other regulatory bodies. Responsible for ensuring that Infection Control Policies and Procedures are adhered to
- Coordinates the instrument requirements with the Operating Room, clinics and hospital floor units to ensure that all instrument sets are accurate, available, and sterile, whenever possible. Ensure that national standards are met for decontaminating, assembling, and sterilizing all instruments
- Managers Supervisors and staff to ensure good work practices and quality improvements.
- Manages the repair and replacement process of all instruments. Researches and evaluates all orders for both replacement and new, instrumentation. Reviews outstanding repairs.
- Manage all functions of maintaining 67 staff including by coordinating with the supervisors: These include all staff assignments, retrieving sick call messages, relocating staff during staff shortages, getting volunteers for overtime, mandating overtime, calling in extra staff during shortages and hospital disaster codes, maintaining staff health updates and maintaining staff files
- Determines disciplinary action in accordance to union guidelines, recommends promotions, and conducts performance evaluations. Also, responsible for scheduling staff daily and weekly, including all calls
- Establish and monitor annual departmental goals and objectives. Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Participates in the education and orientation of SPD staff. Assists in training of personnel for decontamination procedures, equipment operation, set up of instrument sets, utilizing the Instrument Tracking System, case cart preparation, sterilization and personnel competencies
- Assign and supervise on their shift all technician task duties to consistently meet departmental goals to provide safe, sterile, instruments and supplies in an efficient, accurate, professional manner
- Encourage good communication between supervisors, co-workers and customers. Encourage team building and excellent customer service.
- Maintain a well-organized instrument storage area, controlling and minimizing peel-pouched instrumentation.
- Working closely with finance to ensure adequate number of pans are available for cases
- Gather information from OR feedbacks to help prepare monthly Quality Metrics
- Troubleshooting instrument issues with Operating Room to reduce delays and cancellations
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Health Care Management and 2-3 years supervisory experience in a hospital setting or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Sterile Processing certification from IAHCSMM/CBSPD required within 6 months of hire.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Oprs Mgr Matls Supply, SMH
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 210518
Full/Part Time: Full-Time