University of Rochester On-Call ASL Interpreter in Rochester, New York
Time as Reported Grade 006 Interpreter Services
The On-Call/TAR Deaf Interpreter provides interpreting services for all clinical and professional University of Rochester Medical Center staff, patients and family members/significant others who are with the patient. All On-Call staff must fulfill minimum monthly work requirements. Details regarding this obligation and all other scheduling and Preference Sheet submissions are distributed through management.
When the minimum On-Call requirement is met, TAR hours (scheduled work) may be taken as per hospital needs and at the discretion of the interpreter and scheduler. There is no requirement for the On-Call interpreter to work a minimum number of TAR hours.
Completes scheduled training and other required staff activities.
- Yearly mandatory online policy and procedure training
- Yearly health updates
- Attends TAR/On-Call staff meetings
- Other training/activities as necessary
Completes all paperwork and administrative duties.
- eRecord completed at the end of each patient interaction
- On-Call log
- Monthly On-Call preference sheets
- Yearly certification update if applicable
- Professional development transcript
- Other paperwork as necessary
Performs clinical duties.
- During On-Call shifts, interpreter carries a pager assigned by the hospital responding to all pages immediately.
- Interpreter interprets all assignments, whether prescheduled or On-Call, in a timely and professional manner in accordance with hospital policy.
- Membership with The Registry of interpreters for the Deaf (RID) and adherence to tenets within the RID Interpreter Code of Professional Conduct required.
- RID, Board for Evaluation of interpreters (BEI), or similar National Ce1iification preferred.
- Experience interpreting in a health care setting is required.
- Two years of post-high school education or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: On-Call ASL Interpreter
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 208970
Full/Part Time: TAR