University of Rochester Mgr Univ IT Applications in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 056 University IT / EA
8 AM-5 PM
To assist, train, coordinate, plan with, and guide administrative departments in relation to their information processing requirements. Manages administrative data processing staff and analyzes current and proposed administrative systems.
Under general guidance, with latitude for independent judgment and initiative, and working closely with other mangers at a similar level:
- Confers with user departments to collect facts regarding information requirements, develops procedural alternatives, estimates cost of systems and computer resources and prepares reports and recommendations.
- Serves as liaison to user community; resolves conflicts or problems in a timely manner; promotes the concept that information is a resource that should be managed by the departments.
- Participates in hiring, education and integrating new employees. Supervises and coordinates the work of the assigned unit. Recommends and monitors budget, sets and monitors levels of service for assigned functions to ensure the quality and timeliness of information processing and client service. Instructs personnel in established standard and provides technical knowledge and guidance to assure optimum efficiency and project progress.
- Provides independent examination of systems prior to implementation; develops implementation plans and schedules, insures that forms, equipment and data processing resources are available; coordinates and communicates needs to systems/programming authorities and user departments. Works closely with Applications Managers.
- Monitors the performance of implemented systems and recommends modification to provide optimum effectiveness.
- Coordinates and assures that user departments are properly trained as systems are installed.
- Keeps abreast of trends as they relate to the computer field by self study, attending job related seminars, courses or conferences which enhance personal development and strengthen ability to develop assigned staff.
- Performs other related duties as required, including presentation of seminars, courses, and instruction on computer services as required.
Bachelor's degree in management, data processing or a related field; plus 3-5 years experience, 3 of which are in administrative data processing, including operation analysis, programming, data auditing and staff training, preferably in a University or business environment and 2 years supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Mgr Univ IT Applications
Location: Central Administration
Job ID: 212281
Full/Part Time: Full-Time