University of Rochester Mental Health Therapist in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 053 Psychiatry SMH Child/Adoles
VARIES; WKENDS AS NEEDED
This clinical staff position is based at Golisano Children's Hospital Pediatric Practice. The Pediatric Practice is the largest interdisciplinary primary care site in the greater Rochester area, serving a diverse child-to-adolescent and young adult population (0-21 years). Clinical concerns include the full range of behavioral health issues (depression, anxiety, ADHD, externalizing behavior, developmental delay); chronic medical conditions (including medical adjustment and adherence); and psychosocial challenges (family stress, school advocacy). The Behavioral Health team is tightly integrated with and highly regarded by the interdisciplinary medical team (MDs, NPs, Nursing, Social Work, Care Coordinators). Clinical duties include providing brief/targeted interventions and ongoing clinical contact for youth and their families; as well as providing consultation to medical team members so they can address behavioral health concerns more effectively. The successful candidate will possess experience and enthusiasm working with youth and families, a collaborative and team-based orientation, and flexibility to navigate the dynamic landscape of pediatric primary care.
Provides comprehensive mental health and/or dual diagnosis services for individuals who have a diagnosable mental illness. The therapist functions as the primary clinician and is responsible for assessment, treatment planning, therapy/counseling, and education services for patients and families. Systematically and continually assesses the patients mental condition in collaboration with the patient and family. Under general direction and with considerable latitude for independent judgment performs complex psychosocial assessments and diagnostic formulations for patients and their families when indicated.
- Ensures the development and implementation of comprehensive and individualized treatment plans for patients with clearly defined therapeutic goals; conducts evidence-informed treatment with patients and families
- Participates collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary treatment team to provide coordinated care. Provides direct clinical services to assigned patients, including evaluation, individual, family and/or group therapy and crisis intervention.
- Documents treatment in patients' electronic medical record in compliance with Program, Department and Hospital regulations. Meets minimum target for clinical productivity set by service director.
- Collaborates with referral sources and other professionals both internal and external throughout patient care activities. Mobilizes family and natural support networks when clinically indicated.
- Assesses successful completion of therapeutic goals and plans termination of therapy accordingly. Coordinates with Primary Care Physicians to ensure continuity of care.
- Establishes and regularly maintains cooperative working relationships with community and health care agencies, as well as professional and administrative staff of the Medical Center and University.
- Coordinates with support staff regarding patient scheduling, fees, and insurance issues.
- Maintains professional CEU requirements by reading, attending seminars, workshops and conferences.
Master's degree from a Counsel for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Education Programs (CACREP) accredited program with major course work in mental health counseling. Requires NYS licensure as a mental health practitioner ( e.g., Mental Health Counselor, Creative Ar1s Therapist) or limited permit eligible. If Ii censure has not been obtained upon employment, the individual has 36 months to obtain the NYS license. Must possess and maintain a New York State Driver's License with satisfactory driving record.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Mental Health Therapist
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 211469
Full/Part Time: Full-Time