University of Rochester Medical Technologist II in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 094 Out Patient Lab-Ridgeland
VARIES; ROT WKENDS/HOL
The Technologist is responsible for the timely and accurate test analysis using moderately complex methods and/or instrumentation. The Technologist needs to be detail-oriented, show the ability to think and work independently because of the complexities of our methods. S/he is also responsible for instrument maintenance/standardization, daily quality control and adherence to all laboratory policies. Exercises excellent judgment, utilizes problem-solving and interpersonal skills. Must be flexible, able to work in a team environment and strives to be an ICARE champion.
- Analyzes patient samples using current, moderately complex laboratory methods/instrumentation.
- Adheres to quality control and quality assurance protocols.
- Reports results of patient sample analysis.
- Performs the duties of a Clinical Technologist III or II as needed.
- Participates in activities supporting laboratory operations, including rotation to alternate lab site (as needed), answers telephone inquiries and performing good documentation practices.
- Performs method/instrument troubleshooting as needed.
- Performs instrument preventative maintenance as scheduled or needed.
- Participates in the training of other technologists, technicians and/or residents.
BS in Medical Technology or BS degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or Biology with certification by the registry of the American Society of Clinical Pathologists, or other nationally recognized professional certifying body; or a 4 year college education in an appropriate science and 2 years of closely related laboratory experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be NYS Licensed or eligible for NYS licensure.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Medical Technologist II
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 208132
Full/Part Time: Full-Time