University of Rochester Medical Lab Technician II in Rochester, New York
Part Time 20 hours Grade 092 Automated Lab
The Technician is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of patient samples, low complexity/automated test analysis and reporting of results for patient samples. He/She is also responsible for instrument maintenance/standardization, daily quality control and adherence to all laboratory policies.
- Analyze patient samples using current low complexity laboratory methods/instrumentation.
- Performs quality control and quality assurance protocols.
- Reports results of patient sample analysis using computer/instrument interface options.
- Performs the duties of a Clinical Technologist II as needed.
- Answers telephone inquiries.
- Performs instrument preventative maintenance as scheduled or needed.
AAS in Medical Technology, Allied Health or a Science BS degree in chemistry, biochemistry or biology with no relevant clinical laboratory experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be NYS Licensed or eligible for NYS licensure.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Medical Lab Technician II
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 210080
Full/Part Time: Full-Time