University of Rochester Med Technologist-Spec in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 097 Automated Lab
The Medical Technologist Specialist is responsible for the timely and accurate reporting of results, maintenance and troubleshooting of laboratory instrumentation, development of new procedures and instruments, writing/updating of procedure manuals, training of staff and inventory of supplies/reagents. They are also responsible for the performance of all the duties of a Medical Technologist I and II, as needed.
- Workup of new instruments/procedures; writing/updating of procedure manuals.
- Training of technologists, technicians, residents on new procedures/instruments
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of instruments/procedures; documentation of essential information such as calibration data, calibration verification, reagent lots, etc.
- Monitoring and ordering of reagents/supplies.
- Performing the duties of a Medical Technologist I and II.
- Monitoring of QC trends.
- Providing input into the performance evaluations/competency checks of technologists and technicians.
- Participating in the weekend and holiday coverage on a rotational basis.
- Aforementioned duties and responsibilities are not intended to limit assignment of other work or duties as required to ensure the smooth operation of the department.
Requires NYS Medical Laboratory Technologist license or eligibility for licensure. BS in Medical Technology and at least 6 years of relevant clinical laboratory experience is preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Med Technologist-Spec
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 211304
Full/Part Time: Full-Time