University of Rochester Med Technologist Cytogenetics in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 094 Cytogenetics
VARIES; ROT WKENDS/HOL AND ON-CALL
Performs microscopic chromosome analysis (G-banding/FISH) as well as other routine and specialized cytogenetic procedures.
Typical Assignments and Responsibilities:
Primary responsibility is the detailed morphologic microscopic analysis (G-banding/FISH) and karyotyping of a variety of specimens including: amniotic fluids and chorionic villis samples, preconceptual and pediatric bloods and products of conception and solid tissue, looking for numerical and structural chromosomal aberrations associated with various kinds of inborn chromosomal defect syndromes. Microscopic analysis also includes complex leukemic bone marrows, blood and tumors for the detection of specific chromosome aberrations associated with various kinds of neoplasia.
Technologists are required to provide back-up coverage for the Cytogenetics Laboratory.
- BS in Medical Technology
- BS in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology with at least one year of relevant clinical laboratory experience.
- AAS with relevant clinical laboratory experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
- NYS License to practice as a Clinical Technologist.
- Meet NYS requirements for a Restricted License to practice as a Cytogenetic Technologist.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Med Technologist Cytogenetics
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 207161
Full/Part Time: Full-Time