University of Rochester MBA/MA Admissions Coordinator in Rochester, New York
Part Time 20 hours Grade 009 Simon Grad Sch Admis/Reg
With minimum direction and considerable latitude for independent judgment, performs routine and non-routine duties requiring strong Customer Service and advanced secretarial skills. Manage the Reception Desk of the Simon School Admissions and Registrar Offices, serving as a first point of contact for visitors and queries to the office. Assist the Admissions Staff in providing concierge-type services to visiting prospects for further enhancement of their Simon School visit experience.
Front Desk Reception
- Greets all visitors upon arrival to the Admissions Office
- Answers primary phone line for the entire Simon School, the MBA/MS Admissions Office and Simon School Registrar
- Maintains primary Admissions e-mail account handling routine inquiries
- Triages email, phone and walk-in visitors to the appropriate contact when needed, including but not limited to Admissions Counselors, Department Directors, and Deans within the Simon School
Prospect and Application Management
- With independent judgment and minimal input, qualifies incoming prospective student leads (e-mail, phone and walk-in) based on fit for Simon and candidate interest level before directing them to the appropriate Territory Manager.
- Campaign and Lead Queue Management – daily and weekly maintenance of incoming prospects, verifies legitimacy of leads, scores leads based upon individual assessment assigns prioritization and appropriate follow up
- Facilitate prospective student connections with Deans, Department directors, Students, Simon faculty, admissions officers and alumni
- Process newly submitted applications and update existing applications including waiting list updates and I-20 updates
- Provides pre-visit and on-site support and services on behalf of the Admissions Department for incoming prospective student visitors, including individual appointment scheduling
- Assists the Event Coordinator in preparing materials for large on-campus and off-campus Admissions events, including nametags, folders, welcome packets, etc.
- Assists in the on-boarding process for incoming students, including directing students to temporary housing, facilitating visits and appointments at other on- campus departments, and related activities
- Maintains office supplies and equipment needed to run the Admissions & Registrar offices
- Uses routine and non-routine queries and reports to manage hard copy application folders when a candidate confirms to enroll
- Maintains office-wide vacation calendar
- Assists Admissions Officers with both routine and ad hoc data entry, reporting, and analysis in the CRM and database systems (Connect and Apply Yourself)
Strong customer service orientation; ability to exercise excellent judgment in decision-making; ability to work independently and with a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing priorities. Strong personal selling and communication skills. Advanced computer and secretarial skills including Microsoft Office Suite and CRM database systems.
Requires 2 years of post-high school education, with a Bachelor’s Degree preferred. At least 3 years of secretarial and office experience, including 1 year in a position which demonstrated the ability to work with minimum supervision and to direct an office operation. Strongly prefer 3-5 years of work experience in a customer service/sales-oriented environment.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: MBA/MA Admissions Coordinator
Location: Simon Grad School Business
Job ID: 209016
Full/Part Time: Part-Time