University of Rochester LEAP Program Assistant in Rochester, New York
Time as Reported Grade 001 Office of the Dean of Students
THIS POSITION HAS AN END DATE OF 8/31/18.
This position will be focused on supporting Learning and Exploring at Play (LEAP), an early childhood literacy program, along with other community service efforts. The graduate assistant will report to the Program Manager, and will work closely with other members of the Rochester Center for Community Leadership team.
Program Advisement, Development, and Management
Support in the overall management, facilitation and assessment of community service programs, in particular:
- Coordinate Learning and Exploring at Play (LEAP), an educational outreach initiative in collaboration with Horizons at the Warner School of Education and Rochester City School District.
- Supervise the recruitment of partner children and families; maintain communication with families during the summer
- Implement feedback from tutors, team leaders, and families near the end and about the 2017-18 year
- Develop program learning outcomes, tools and timelines for program assessment
- Help plan content and logistics of LEAP monthly trainings and team meetings
- Assist with developing Classroom Assistance Time (CAT) partnerships and logistics for the fall
- Research and write grant applications to support LEAP's program
- Assist with the administration of other RCCL programs as needed, including facilitating transportation and communication with participating students and partners
Assist the Program Manager in communications and outreach activities for RCCL.
Master’s degree in education, policy, higher education, or human development.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: LEAP Program Assistant
Location: The College
Job ID: 208434
Full/Part Time: TAR