University of Rochester Lead Systems Engineer in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 055 Radiology Admin Support
Provide advanced imaging informatics support UR Medicine, acquiring knowledge about business applications and employing/enhancing analytical skills through project exposure and working with the users to clarify their needs/requirements. Serves as team lead for Imaging Sciences VNA environment, PACS applications, responsible for workflow implementation, training of peer team members, working closely with Imaging Sciences workflow expert and eRecord application subject matter expert to develop highly effective workflow and PACS solutions.
Under minimal direction within department and enterprise guidelines and standards:
- VNA Administration Lead-Management of AcuoMed, AcuoStore, Intelligo, Semantix, SQL servers, Isilon. Creation of databases, SCP, routes, externals, batch store ques.
- VNA Migration Lead-Serve as primary migrations engineer for both internal and external imaging studies into the VNA. Tasks include but are not limited to: create extract for migration, install new database and routes, data cleansing requirements, data validation.
- PACS application administration team lead including development of standard operating procedures as well as training team members for security, machine preferences, exceptions management (reconciliation), patient exam management, hanging protocol and radiologist workflow processes and enterprise workflow processes.
- On Call support of Imaging Sciences PACS applications including eView, Primordial workflow manager, and diagnostic workstation issues. Appropriate triage and escalation to partner IT groups as necessary.
- lifeIMAGE System Lead-Daily support of image exchange environment including coordination of system upgrades.
- Administrative functions including change control, on call calendar management, time away management, VNA storage utilization and training.
Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline such as Imaging Technology, Nuclear Medicine, Sonography, Computer Science, Mathematics, Business and 4-5 years of related experience, preferably 2-3 years in a supervisory capacity; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience and knowledge with radiology and imaging workflows required. Imaging informatics and imaging processing knowledge and experience required.
Preferred prior experience in multiple imaging informatics areas of expertise including PACS (picture archiving and communication system), RIS (radiology information system) or CVIS (cardiovascular information system), Electronic Medical Record integration, advanced imaging processing or CAD (computer aided diagnosis), reporting and teleradiology preferred). Experience troubleshooting diagnostic workstations and/or advanced imaging analysis workstations preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Lead Systems Engineer
Location: Medical Faculty Group
Job ID: 210774
Full/Part Time: Full-Time