University of Rochester Lead Interpreter Services Scheduler in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 008 Social Work-Patient & Fam Svcs
The Lead, Interpreter Services Scheduler manages the scheduling support for the Interpreter Services Program. Acts as a resource to Interpreter Schedulers. Monitors and ensures that all functions are completed accurately and efficiently with excellent customer service utilizing the SMH ICARE values. Coordinates all staff training activities. Manages interpreter scheduling operations and personnel related matters, including performance evaluations, and developing plans for improvement in staff member’s completion of assigned activities. The Lead Scheduler is proficient at the utilization of the Interpreter Scheduling, ePARC, and eRecord Systems.
With general direction accompanied by initiative, independent judgment and confidentiality, the Lead Scheduler performs, but is not limited to the following tasks:
Manages the scheduling support of the Interpreter Services Program.
- Supervises the scheduling staff.Schedules staff work time, verifies time worked, and handles sick calls and vacation coverage needs.Completes staff performance evaluations and manages performance issues. Recruits and orients new staff.Analyzes staff productivity. Coordinates staff training.
- Analyzes interpreter scheduling processes/reports and proposes recommendations.
- Manages interpreter schedule training of interpreters and interpreter management staff.
- Assists with training of other department staff on the interpreter scheduling processes.
- Approves and manages the billing processes.
- Manages patient and clinical area complaints and process improvements.
- Manages special projects; assigns staff.
Coordinates all aspects of scheduling interpretation services for patients/families within URMC via ePARC worklists.
- Assesses the interpreter request.Analyzes and determines interpreter service (i.e. live interpreter; video; telephonic).Processes the request in ePARC and interpreter scheduling systems.Consults with Supervisor, Interpreter Leads and Interpreter Manager, as needed.
- If needed, submits requests to third party vendors to secure interpreters and follows up on interpreter performance with vendor.
- Replies to department requests with follow up telephone calls, emails, and confirmations; and works closely with departments on scheduling needs for their specific departments.
- Develops and analyzes scheduling reports.
Screens and triages telephone calls and emails for the Interpreter Program.
- Answers phone calls, reviews and triages needs of callers: last minute requests follow up with interpreter location, time of arrival, confirmation of interpreter, translation requests, rescheduling and education on referral process.
- Maintains the interpreter services department email box by reviewing each request and responding appropriately to each request.This includes:request and interpreter confirmation; additional information request; and/or reschedule request.
- Complies with the color coding system to keep the requests organized and status up to date with appointment.
- Maintains the e-mail box available size by saving the requests to the appropriate folders when appointment is complete.
- Assesses the interpreter request.Determines interpreter service (i.e. live interpreter; video; telephonic).Processes the request in interpreter scheduling system.
Schedules Interpreters for Deaf Professionals within UR Medicine (including students, interns, post-doc fellows, residents and full-time staff).
- Utilizes the scheduling system to schedule interpreter staff.Consults with Supervisor, Interpreter Leads and Interpreter Manager, as needed.
- Collaborates with departments and deaf professionals to schedule interpreter.
- Schedules interpreters from team selected by the deaf professional.
- Schedules any specialized training with teams and professional.
- Develops and analyzes scheduling reports.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Covers for lunches/breaks/vacations for Interpreter Schedulers.
- Attends scheduled training activities and meetings.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
The Lead Scheduler must have an Associate’s degree in Medical, Business/Management or related field and 2-3 years related work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A college degree and experience in medical terminology, management and health care settings are preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Lead Interpreter Services Scheduler
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 208106
Full/Part Time: Full-Time