Lead Imaging Info Intake Spec
The Imaging Intake Lead is a subject matter expert on all workflows within the IIC. Responsible for coordinating staffing coverage, training and precepting staff. Provides key support to the URM Radiology department. Responsible for triaging daily reports and follow-up for outstanding issues. Facilitates critical triage between other physicians and Radiologists, early identification and reporting of critical findings, as well as facilitates the image ingestion and distribution for outside providers and patients. The team serves as a clinical help desk for level 1 issue resolution for both process and clinical efficiency. The candidate should possess excellent customer service skills and ability to handle multiple incoming and critical situations simultaneously.
- Supervises and provides direction to Information Intake staff to assure smooth Imaging Intake operations; provides day-to-day guidance, instruction and assistance to the team. Develops and conducts training programs for Imaging Intake Team. Develops and implements application references, instructional materials and any other material necessary to ensure consistent and excellent information conveyance and service delivery. Coaches and works collaboratively with team members to resolve operational issues. Manages changes in staff performance based upon quality monitoring data. In conjunction with the Manager, approves and coordinates PTO/vacation requests and determines appropriate coverage to meet service level standard, provides Imaging Intake coverage during staffing shortages. Acts as liaison between Imaging Intake and Senior Management as well as Faculty. Exhibits responsiveness to personnel at all levels by effectively communicating and sharing information. Observes Imaging Intake Team and assists, as necessary, with customer related issues, serves as first line of escalation for callers to the Imaging Intake team. Uses good judgment and departmental protocols to resolve patient, consumer or physician issues; determines when situations warrant escalating to the Imaging Intake Manager, Senior Management, Security or other areas of the health system. Proactively serves as a resource for clinical and non-clinical departments in determining appropriate access mechanisms and ensuring access standards are being met. Conducts initial candidate screening and interviews for prospective Referral Intake team members. Provides staff feedback on performance and assists Referral Intake Supervisor with employee evaluations. Determines appropriate resources to resolve software, hardware, or telephone problems; escalates as appropriate to ISD, UTD and/or Manager.
- Develops and implements training for new Imaging Intake staff. Evaluates training needs of existing staff, conducts ongoing functional and customer service training for Imaging Intake Team staff and maintains training material and equipment. Develops and executes cross-training programs for Imaging Intake Team staff to allow flexibility in performing role and functions of service representatives. Determines training requirements for new or recurring events, creates appropriate training plans and materials and then conducts training of Imaging Intake Team staff to ensure consistent and accurate information conveyance.
Quality and Process Improvement:
- Directs the development, implementation and refinement of quality management program for the Information Intake Team staff. Facilitates programs and activities for employee recognition, process improvement and morale. Creates and amends office procedures/protocols manuals. Identifies improvements and makes changes as appropriate to resolve operational IPAS issues. Modifies Imaging Intake Team processes based on quality monitoring data. Proactively leads work improvement efforts including identifying ways to reduce wastes and costs.
Measurement and Reporting:
- Monitors performance indicators using GNAV and eRecord and active daily monitoring. Ensures staff members are meeting departmental goals and provides feedback to management. Assists Imaging Intake Team Manager with creation of monthly and ad-hoc reports from telephone and software systems. Provides timely customer service reports to the clinical enterprise as appropriate. Effectively uses call-monitoring function to ensure seamless service delivery, capture data for call documentation and identify need for customer recovery interventions. Monitors complete exam report daily.
- Answers incoming telephone calls and performs routine call center functions. Attends relevant meetings. Management of office supplies. Hosts team huddles. May be asked to join departmental/institutional committees. Other duties as assigned. Addendums to finalized reports: Email appropriate Radiologist to inform them of an issue reported and addendum needed from the requesting Physician for Imaging study
Image Transfer and Image Intake Management:
Fulfill requests from Providers of CD uploads to PACS and nominations on Powershare
Utilize Powershare for image transfer to eView/EMR
Generate order of foreign study in RIS under SMH MRN and unique accession number
Nominate studies to PACS in Powershare using SMH MRN and accession number
Validates studies in eView to assure all images were sent and patient demographics are accurate
Obtain outside studies from other hospitals/Imaging sites when requested from Providers and/or Radiologists utilizing the Powershare application whenever possible
Triaging calls to appropriate section:
Provide first level Help Desk phone support for large group of UR Physicians in need of a Radiologist to answer questions related to patient care/diagnosis/treatment plan. Triage calls to the appropriate organ-based section on questions provided using critical thinking to assure you are meeting the customer’s needs in a timely fashion.
Receive and triage phone calls of studies with no dictation in need of an urgent verbal read from all locations and ordering offices.
Triage calls from Physicians and/or ordering offices with questions. Call offices per request from the Radiologist to reach a provider who has a question regarding ordered exam while they are protocolling requests.
Receive, resolve, or triage if necessary regional hospitals / Urgent Care Centers inquiries for STAT reads.
Ultra Mobile Imaging/Buffalo Pediatric/Auburn Hospital/Urgent Care Center read requests
Receive notification from site of image transfer to Powershare in need of STAT read
Perform patient registration in eRecord
Nominate study from Powershare to PACS, entering UR Patient demographics MRN and Accession #
Monitor exam to meet expected turn-around time for dictation (UltraMobile:2 hours/ Buffalo Pediatric Urgent Care: 30 minutes/ Auburn Hospital: 60 minutes), escalate to appropriate organ-based reading section for read if necessary.
Attorney/Subpoena requests for Digital images:
Grant requests for digital images from law firm and subpoena requests ensuring all SOP and legal guidelines followed.
Provide invoice and receive and process payment.
Burn requested images, validate images and mail out CD
Scan packet once CD is mailed into Primordial
Monitor dashboard for critical results and/or significant findings reported by
Provide first hand response to Radiologists requests to contact Physicians to patch into Radiologist for STAT findings of patients Imaging studies performed at UR Medicine, Strong West, Science Park, Greece sports, Clinton Crossing Orthopedics, All UR Medicine Urgent Care Centers, Auburn, Noyes and FF Thompson.
Image QC’s entered by Radiologists: communicate to modality section Supervisor. Monitor to assure Supervisor has addressed the QC and closes the job on Primordial to remove from the list.
Call results for all Hospitals listed above- “Clerical to call results” requests: Contact Physician and interpret results of imaging study of their patient. Triage phone calls to appropriate organ-based section if Physician is in need of speaking to a Radiologist for further evaluation of their patient.
Close significant finding or clerical to call event on Primordial dashboard once request has been completed.
Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma
2.5 years related work experience
or equivalent combination of education and experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Medical terminology experience required. Experience with information technology and demonstrated ability to utilize computers and wide variety of software programs. Demonstrated skills related to achievement of customer satisfaction
The University of Rochester is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion to advance the University’s mission to Learn, Discover, Heal, Create – and Make the World Ever Better. In support of our values and those of our society, the University is committed to not discriminating on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, military/veteran status, national origin, race, religion/creed, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, or any other status protected by law. This commitment extends to the administration of our policies, admissions, employment, access, and recruitment of candidates from underrepresented populations, veterans, and persons with disabilities consistent with these values and government contractor Affirmative Action obligations.
How To Apply
All applicants must apply online.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Pay Range: $19.00 - $24.70 Hourly
The referenced pay range represents the minimum and maximum compensation for this job. Individual annual salaries/hourly rates will be set within the job’s compensation range, and will be determined by considering factors including, but not limited to, market data, education, experience, qualifications, expertise of the individual, and internal equity considerations.
Apply for Job
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Full/Part Time: Full-Time