University of Rochester Lead Billing/Acct Spec in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 009 Anesthesiology
With minimum direction, serves as the lead billing specialist for the Anesthesiology Billing Office.
- Coordinates various activities of the office staff. Assist Billing Manager in the supervision, training, and cross training of employees. Performs duties of Billing Manager in her absence. Assists Billing Manager in the development of goals and objectives for the area.
- Responsible for all aspects of Medicaid and Preferred Care claims, including edits, preparation, attachments, submission, payment posting, denials, and collection. Notifies Billing Manager of any trends seen in denials.
- Serves as Billing Office expert and focal point for answering questions for all aspects of professional fee Anesthesiology billing. Handles insurance inquiries via phone and correspondence.
- Documents and researches any discrepancies in unit reports for clinical practice faculty. Identifies trends of specific problems and recommends corrective action.
- Maintains medical record request spreadsheet. Reconciles daily payments posted by staff members, delivering payments and receipts to Cashier’s Office. Retrieves, sorts, and distributes mail from Post Office daily. Performs special projects for Billing Manager and other duties as needed.
Associate’s degree in business field and 4-5 years’ experience in hospital billing, accounting, and/or coding; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Lead Billing/Acct Spec
Location: Medical Faculty Group
Job ID: 209049
Full/Part Time: Full-Time