University of Rochester Laboratory Technician III (S) in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 077 Ctr Musculoskeletal Research
This is a Technical position within the Loiselle Laboratory in the Center for Musculoskeletal Research. The job consists of laboratory work using complex genetic mouse models, cell culture systems and molecular biology techniques to understand tendon biology and healing. This position requires some prior experience with mouse handling (mating, weaning, etc.), mouse recovery surgery (flexor tendon repair), tissue harvest and sample processing (preparation of mouse tissues for histology and biomechanical analyses), molecular biology skills (PCR, gel electrophoresis, Western blotting, etc.), cell culture skills (mammalian cell culture, transfection), experience in data analysis/interpretation, excellent organizational skills, and careful attention to detail. More information on the Loiselle Lab is available at:
- Breed, maintain, and genotype mice for multiple projects within the lab and keep detailed electronic inventory records of the mouse colonies.Perform surgical procedures such as the flexor tendon injury and repair model for the support of ongoing research projects.
- Dissection of mouse tendon and hindlimb tissues, sectioning of paraffin or frozen tissues, histological staining, histomorphometry, immunohistochemistry, and in situ hybridization of samples for ongoing research projects.
- Dissection of mouse tendon and hindlimb tissues for biomechanical testing for ongoing research projects.
- Isolation and analysis of RNA and protein from cell cultures and tendon repairs via real time quantitative PCR and Western blotting, respectively.
- Maintenance of a detailed lab notebook with experimental detail, methods, data compilation and data analysis and interpretation included.
Associate's degree in appropriate discipline plus 2-3 years specialized experience in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Laboratory Technician III (S)
Location: School of Medicine & Dentistry
Job ID: 208496
Full/Part Time: Full-Time