University of Rochester Laboratory Technician III (S) in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 077 Biomedical Engineering
Performs non-routine research laboratory assignments involving some complexity and variety. Independently carries out scheduling of human subjects for experiment participation. While the work will be carried out under the general supervision of the PI or a lab manager, the candidate is expected to work independently, making decisions about running EEG and psychometric experiments on human subjects. This involves complex procedures such as measuring brain activity using EEG equipment and ensuring quality of recordings. The candidate will perform data collection, data entry, simple data analysis, and stimulus paradigm coding. He or she will be responsible for tending to human subjects during experimental procedures and assisting with maintaining supplies and cleanliness of the lab.
- Plans and performs a variety of moderately-complex laboratory tests including EEG, and psychometric experiments; modifies standard equipment to meet special requirements.
- Sets up equipment for the experiments, runs PC-based software for stimulus presentation. Troubleshoots malfunctioning equipment and makes simple repairs.
- Performs data entry; collects accurate data from experiments and records experiments’ progress; manages subjects' data and prepares reports.
- Performs simple data analysis for behavioral and neurophysiology experiments.
- Operates computer and writes codes for stimulus presentation computer software; writes protocols when needed.
- Orders supplies and equipment, keeps inventory up to date, maintains the order and cleanliness of the lab.
Associate’s degree in appropriate discipline, plus 2-3 years of specialized experience in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prefer BS degree in biomedical engineering, psychology, neuroscience, computer science or a related discipline.
Excellent interpersonal and customer skills. Strong organizational skills. Ability to analyze data. Attention to detail. Competence with lab equipment.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Laboratory Technician III (S)
Location: Sch Engineering & App Sci
Job ID: 206587
Full/Part Time: Full-Time