University of Rochester Laboratory Technician II (S) in Rochester, New York
Time as Reported Grade 000 Dept Desc
This is a Lab Tech II position in the Center for Musculoskeletal Research at the University of Rochester Medical Center. Two attributes are essential: excellent organizational skills and experience in mammalian and bacterial cell culture. In addition to organizing laboratory collections of cell lines and biochemical reagents, the successful applicant will be counted on to perform all of the cataloguing, storage and shipping functions associated with a significant world-wide sample collection program,. Facility with database programs like Excel is essential.
- Coordinate shipping and receiving for a major world-wide specimen collection program.
- Prepare and maintain hybridoma cell lines and product antibodies for experiments.
- Maintain laboratory cell line and biochemical collection.
- Prepare routine reagents for a small but diverse laboratory including bacterial media, mammalian cell culture media, immunochemicals, etc.
- Train new students in core laboratory skills including immunochemistry and protein and DNA analysis.
- Lab ordering and inventory.
Associate's degree in appropriate discipline; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. 1-2 years of experience in a basic science field preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Laboratory Technician II (S)
Location: School of Medicine & Dentistry
Job ID: 212847
Full/Part Time: TAR