University of Rochester Laboratory Technician II (S) in Rochester, New York
Part Time 30 hours Grade 075 Medicine M&D-Infect; Dis Unit
1 PM-7 PM; OCC WKENDS
Exercising some independent judgment and following the guidance of laboratory management, this individual is responsible for general specimen processing, storage, and shipping of blood and tissue specimens collected from subjects enrolled in clinical trials at the University of Rochester.
- Process blood and compartment samples according to lab SOPs and study protocols.
- Enter blood and compartmental samples into the laboratory database, complete chain of custody documentation.
- Label and manage storage of study specimens kept on site.
- Ship diagnostic specimens according to IATA regulations.
- Prepare and run appropriate controls for cell counters.
- Maintain laboratory equipment.
- Maintain supplies and reagents used by all technicians in the laboratory.
- Place orders as needed using a standard order blank.
- Review pertinent literature as it applies to ongoing projects, including reading clinical research protocols and attendance at appropriate seminars and lectures regarding clinical research topics.
Associate's degree in appropriate discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience. BA/BS preferred with courses in biology, virology, chemistry or related field and experience desirable.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Laboratory Technician II (S)
Location: School of Medicine & Dentistry
Job ID: 209317
Full/Part Time: Part-Time