University of Rochester Laboratory Engineer in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 053 LLE Engg-Engineering
8:30 AM-5:30 PM; OCC WKENDS
The Laboratory for Laser Energetics at the University of Rochester is seeking an entry level mechanical design engineer to join the mechanical engineering group. This engineer will design and engineer equipment used in support of laboratory research in the fields of high energy physics, optics, lasers and materials.
Typical projects involve the design of equipment that may be used in high vacuum, clean rooms or cryogenic environments. Assigned projects will include design of laser system components (mechanical, opto-mechanical and electro-mechanical), precision instruments, fixtures, vacuum systems and cryogenic systems.
- Design mechanical systems and components utilizing 3D CAD software.
- Validate design work with appropriate analysis (stress analysis, tolerance, etc).
- Generate drawings and other documentation suitable for fabrication.
- Generate presentation material for design review or peer review.
- Collaborate with co-workers and scientific staff to provide mechanical designs that meet the requirements of the assigned project.
- BSME with 0-2 years of experience.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Laboratory Engineer
Location: Laser Lab & COI
Job ID: 211478
Full/Part Time: Full-Time