University of Rochester Lab Clinical Supt Tech V in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 097 Automated Lab
The Laboratory Operations Coordinator, under the direction of the supervisor and input from the Chief Supervisor, oversees the daily operations, The Operations Coordinator will provide technical supervision of section and enhance the growth of the laboratory through areas of staff development and training personnel in day-to-day operations.
- Develops and coordinates the roll out of new procedures and/or evaluates new processing methods to offer a high level of performance for pre analytical testing.
- Develops and maintains detailed training manuals, check lists, training records/competency and job aides. Responsible for annual review of all documents.
- Monitors and assess staff competency in an effort to identify and reduce errors caused by new hire training and ongoing staff performance
- Continuously assesses work processes and makes suggestions to supervisor for improved work methods and ways to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and solve operational problems.
- Coordinates the training of new staff, including program development and revision, orientation and direction of in house trainers.
- Evaluates and communicates progress of new hire training with staff, training team and supervisors. Recognizes the need for alternative training methods to ensure staff is given different methods of learning to meet training requirements.
- Coordinates (with Quality Assurance) ongoing training and development with current staff and remedial training in the form of Performance Improvement Process when ongoing errors are identified.
- Ensures that staff follow laboratory policies and procedures, including safety and security
- Assumes responsibility for channeling information to and from designated shift
- Works with supervisor (s) and other laboratory staff to plan for and accomplish departmental and organizational goals and objectives. Promotes and supports a positive team environment within the laboratory.
- Performs Sr. Technician duties and recognizes the need for and assumes bench responsibilities as needed.
- Provides feedback in the Personnel Performance review process. Reviews, ensures and documents technical competency with staff annually.
- Maintains department in technical readiness to meet regulatory compliance standards for New York State and any other regulatory agencies inspecting SMH.
- Two years of post high school education which included Laboratory Science and technical training closely related to this position; or a combination of formal training and experience equivalent to the above. Minimum of five years experience.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems
- Ability to pay attention to detail and handle frequent interruptions
- Demonstrates excellent communication (i.e. verbal, written) and organizational skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Functions effectively in a rapidly changing environment
- Effective interpersonal skills, and maintains a friendly and courteous professional manner at all times.
- Excellent Communication, word processing and computer skills are essential.
- Is able to prioritize and maintain focus while perfonning multiple tasks.
- Punctuality and a good attendance record.
- Adherence to all University, Division and Department policies.
- Adherence to all laboratory safety procedures.
- Participation in continuing education.
- Professional discretion with confidential patient results.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Lab Clinical Supt Tech V
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 212430
Full/Part Time: Full-Time