University of Rochester Lab Clinical Supt Tech III in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 092 Surgical Pathology SMH
Under the direction of the Gross Room Supervisor and Assistant Supervisor, the Gross Room Clinical Lab Support Tech III is responsible for maintaining a functioning gross room. Serves as a lead technician for management and maintenance of processing equipment, tools and materials used in the gross room. Uses advanced knowledge, judgement and problem solving skills to perform, train and communicate any processing equipment deviations. This may require advanced trouble shooting skills. With direct troubleshooting direction, assist in contacting vendor for service for processing equipment. Responsible primarily for assisting in and directing others with non-licensed technical gross room support activities. Activities include surgical specimen management, equipment management and quality control management. Record keeping and paper work management for specimen inventory, quality control and inventory control. Works directly with biohazardous material.
- Using advanced knowledge to maintain, identify, train and troubleshoot gross room equipment. Performs necessary routine quality checks to ensure efficient operation of equipment. Assists with new equipment validation.
- Maintain, manage surgical specimens in a clean, organized and consolidated manner. Triages to appropriate storage location. Manage specimen retrieval for review requests and additional testing. Using LIS, manage specimen disposal according to regulatory guidelines.
- Maintain/ train others on waste chemical management activities. Maintain data entry of lot numbers/expiration dates for supplies and reagents.
- Using advanced knowledge, maintain and manage gross photograph file.
- Manage inventory including ordering/restocking
- Perform other responsibilities and projects as assigned
Associate's degree or some college level course work in science or a related discipline and one year of experience; or an equivalent combination of education, experience or certification. Customer service experience preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy/physiology a plus.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Lab Clinical Supt Tech III
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 212395
Full/Part Time: Full-Time