University of Rochester Jr Accountant in Rochester, New York
Part Time 20 hours Grade 010 Surgery Central Administration
Provides financial information by maintaining and reconciling accounts; preparing reports.
Applies principles, theories and concepts of accounting for Department of Surgery accounts. Examines standard accounting documents for completeness, accuracy and conformance to University of Rochester policies, guidelines, and requirements. Traces and reconciles records of financial transactions. Prepares detailed statements and schedules for reports; develops certain reports as directed. Reconciles departmental contract revenue. Maintains integrity of vendor documentation and completes quarterly management reporting of same.
- Monthly Contract Revenue status.
- Semiannual vendor verification reporting.
- BPO und authorization verification.
- Assist with other departmental monthly and quarterly reporting as requested.
- Communicate with Division administrators as needed
- Maintain Central Admin files of supporting fiscal documentation of ledger expenses for audit purposes. Organize and management files, overseeing the annual purge and rotation. Retrieve and return requested items.
- Provide tracking of various projects, programs, training and certificates. Updates report and recordkeeping.
- Train ledger reading and reconciling. Routinely send reminders for Ledgers, Confirmation of review,
- Monthly Statements, Invoices and valid supporting documents.
- Uploading annual/monthly invoices for Department of Surgery Finance.
- Assists staff and administrators/account managers, in tracking missing documentation/problem solving inaccurate charges.
- Independently investigates and resolves problems.
- Provide clerical support as needed to Surgery Finance.
- Investigate best equipment for office use, including purchase, contact, coordination of set up.
- Maintain and replenish office supplies as needed.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
General Math Skills, detail oriented, attention to detail, confidentiality, and objectivity. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) Cognos, SharePoint and Workday preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Jr Accountant
Location: Medical Faculty Group
Job ID: 207238
Full/Part Time: Part-Time