University of Rochester Inpatient Data Analyst in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 051 Patient Financial Services
*Position Summary: *
Reports to Senior Operations Supervisor and Inpatient Manager for both Highland and Strong Memorial Hospitals. Provides technical support in daily operations through the oversight of key performance indicators of the inpatient revenue cycle. Ensures payer contracts are adhered too. Reviews and reports departmental results and provides feedback to management on treads and areas of concerns. Coordinates special projects related to department needs. Essential to have strong attention to detail, able to work independently and is a team player. Recognizes and supports the Strong Commitment to service excellence.
Under general direction and with significant latitude for independent judgement:
Supports the inpatient area with trending, identifying and resolving Account Receivables (AR) back log through reporting and monitoring.
- Identifies and monitors high cost cases that need assistance in the revenue cycle to ensure payment is secured
- Works with inpatient representatives regarding payer discrepancies and if need be work with carriers to resolve
- Serves as a resource on accounts receivables management and questions
Business associate liaison responsible for coordinating information between the department and outside vendors (SMH and HH Finance, Epic System Analyst team, contracted payers, etc)
- Works with contracted payers for rate releases and coordination
- Understands the uniqueness of each contract related to each facilities and intention of collection
- Create pricers, test rates, monitor and track implementations that rates are loaded between facilities
Creates customized inpatient team operational reports and special reports as needed to identify key indicators for AR activities. Consistently monitors all receivables within the inpatient area to identity issues and initiate corrective action or recommends solutions as appropriately.
Researches and applies knowledge of all current and changing billing and collection regulation procedures that affect AR through readings, meetings and classes, including governmental and third party payer rules and compliance regulations.
Works on special assignments including, but not limited to monthly SMH Finance reports.
Bachelor's degree; or an equivalent combination of education and related experience. Prefer proficiency in Access, Excel and Word processing with Epic billing system experience. Ideally this individual will be extremely organized, a team player and motivated to manage time sensitive projects and assignments.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Inpatient Data Analyst
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 211584
Full/Part Time: Full-Time