University of Rochester Information Analyst II in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 052 Kearns Center
8 AM-5 PM; WEEKENDS
Create, manage, and maintain all program (NSF, McNair, Upward Bound, Upward Bound M/S, others) databases. Assist in on-going longitudinal research projects, as well as the development and submission of grant proposals. Serve as a resource for Center students regarding the uses of technology.
- Develop Access and FileMaker Pro databases for student tracking in each externally-funded program housed in the Kearns Center. Ensure that tracking meets all funder (NSF, US Department of Education, foundations) requirements.
- Maintain up-to-date records on every current and past participant, as well as each applicant, to all programs.
- Provide reporting on an as-needed basis to program staff, including annual reports required by US Department of Education and NSF. Ensure that each program application requests all required information, which can change on an annual basis.
- Develop relationships with University’s institutional research officers, to help identify other sources of necessary data.
- Collect and report data and research for grant proposal and renewal applications.
- Assist Director with longitudinal and other institutional research projects.
- Prepare reports and research materials for presentation to both internal and external audiences.
- Maintain Center’s websites.
- Assist Center students with presentations and research write-ups, serve as a resource for students with data analysis questions.
Bachelor’s degree, 1-2 years’ experience working with students in the target population. Experience in development and maintenance of large databases. Advanced knowledge of Access, Excel, FileMaker Pro, SPSS, SASS, and other statistical and database programs. Also required is the strong desire to help fulfil the project’s objective of increasing the numbers of low-income, first-generation college students who excel academically. Sense of humor, patience, and ability to communicate effectively and work on a team are essential.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Information Analyst II
Location: The College
Job ID: 211255
Full/Part Time: Full-Time