University of Rochester Industrial Hygienist in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 054 Environmental Health & Safety
8 AM-5 PM
- Primary contact for Facilities and CPDCM projects, tasks, activities. Attends and participates in maintenance, demolition, construction, and renovation reviews. Reviews project drawings and submissions to identify EHS concerns or issues. Participates in pre-project walkthroughs and occasional projects in progress to ensure identification issues and compliance.
- Works closely with EHS coworkers to share and utilize subject expertise, to provide and obtain guidance. Identifies potential lead and asbestos issues and employs Asbestos Control Group as necessary Works closely with Sr. Industrial Hygienist to identify chemical issues or concerns. Keeps Occupational Safety Manager informed of projects and issues.
- Reviews corrective actions taken after employee injuries/incidents
- Follow-up with University Managers and Supervisors to review employee injuries and incidents to ensure the adequate corrective actions have taken place to mitigate future risk. Assists the Managers and Supervisors in documenting the corrective actions through a web-based application.
- Provides and/or makes provisions for physical safety training such as, but not limited to, aerial lifts, machine guarding, confined space, electrical safety, lockout/tagout, fall protection, ladder or lift safety, walking working surfaces, job hazard analysis.
- Oversees, maintains and manages the University's Lockout/Tagout Program
- Oversees, maintains and manages the University's Electrical Safety Program
- Oversees, maintains and manages the University's Confined Space Program
- Oversees, maintains and manages the University's Contractor Safety Program
- Oversees, maintains and manages the University's Fall Protection Program
- Participates in providing other training
- Maintains Powered Industrial truck inventory and program
- Able to wear respirator
- Responds to regular and off hour emergency issues and requests for assistance
- Maintain Professional Development and certifications (if applicable)
- Provides guidance in OSHA standards and subject matter
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
Bachelor's degree with 2-4 years of experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Master's degree in Industrial Hygiene preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Industrial Hygienist
Location: Central Administration
Job ID: 208950
Full/Part Time: Full-Time