University of Rochester Human Res Rep I - Benefits in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 051 Ofc Hum Resources-Benefits
8 AM-5 PM
Assist faculty and staff with any questions or concerns regarding all programs related to the health care plan (i.e., Health, Dental, HSA, FSA, etc.). Develops communication materials and assists with communication strategy. Routinely works with carriers to ensure a positive experience for employees.
- Responsible for health care related vendor relationships (i.e. Health, Dental, HSA, FSA, etc.).Research, resolve and respond (written and verbal) to escalated issues/problems affecting faculty and staff health benefits. Assist with walk-ins, telephone calls and appointments.
- Coordinates communication strategy for Health Care program to increase awareness and engagement in program offerings. Develops communication materials using the appropriate medium and develops targeted communications when needed. Collaborates with the University of Rochester wellness department to develop a combined communication plan.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual metrics associated with health, dental, HSA and FSA programs.
- Assist in the annual update Summary Plan Descriptions (SPD) documents for University of Rochester Health Care Plans; assist in annual review and update of the University’s Health Program Guide.
- Maintain knowledge of all heath care and dental plan changes.
- Provide backup to Sr. Human Resources Assistant in preparing and processing billing for all Health Care Plans. Provide assistance with running reports for health, dental, FSA, HSA and COBRA programs, reconcile any discrepancies.
- Assist with other duties and special projects/events as assigned
Bachelor's degree in the areas of Business Administration, Accounting, Human Resources Administration, or related fields, or equivalent experience and 1 year of related experience in benefits and insurance; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Prefer 2 years’ experience in administrative work, one of which should have been in benefits and insurance. Education in life insurance, health insurance, 403(b) retirement programs, taxation and the like is desirable.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Human Res Rep I - Benefits
Location: Central Administration
Job ID: 208938
Full/Part Time: Full-Time