University of Rochester Housekeeping Supvr/Asst Supvr in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 050 UF&S; RC Operations
5AM-1:30PM; POSS WKENDS/HOL
Directs housekeeping services in such areas as residence halls, hospital areas, administration, or academic buildings.
Under general supervision and in accordance with established policy:
- Directs the work of such personnel as Environmental Services Workers and Furniture and Property Movers, schedules their work and determines that established standards of quality and quantity are met.
- Trains employees with emphasis on working procedures, operation and use of new equipment and materials, safety and University policies.
- Directs and schedules such projects as cleaning windows and screens, changing curtains and drapes, fogging of rooms, trash disposal, care of floors, washing walls and cleaning of other areas and fixtures as necessary, moving musical equipment and instruments, and moving and setting up chairs, desks and stands; maintains records of schedules.
- Directs special technical cleaning as required in the operating rooms, delivery rooms, nurseries and the daily and terminal cleaning of isolation units.
- Evaluates the work of outside contractors for some services.
- Helps coordinate cleaning activities within the area. Consults and coordinates with other department supervisors on problems which affect Housekeeping operations.
- Assists in development of departmental budget and oversees operating budget.
- Makes recommendations on matters of discipline, promotions, hiring, overtime, performance evaluations and other personnel functions. Verifies time worked and time cards.
- Evaluates products for use. Requisitions and issues supplies as required. Maintains supply and equipment inventory and provides for its security and good condition.
High School graduate and 2 years in a supervisory capacity in Housekeeping or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Housekeeping Supvr/Asst Supvr
Location: Central Administration
Job ID: 206992
Full/Part Time: Full-Time