University of Rochester Helpdesk Support Tech I in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 077 Medical Center Info. Systems
8 AM-5 PM
Provide first and second level Help Desk phone support for large customer base whose business functions rely primarily on computer based technologies in a 24x7 environment. Maintain expertise in current desktop and network technologies; as well as an understanding of hospital-wide applications.
- Assess, interpret and research and resolve simple to complex customer technical problems received via Help Desk services or electronic methodologies. Maintain working knowledge of wide range of URMC systems and technologies. Provide first and second level technical response to customer requests, maintenance, urgent and emergency technical problems associated with the URMC computer systems, including Medical Center and off-site (Wide Area Network) locations.
- Provide technical expertise and customer support while meeting customer satisfaction. Triage calls to the appropriate support team based on issue provided and troubleshooting performed. Perform routine software installations and upgrades.
- Participate in project implementation as it relates to Help Desk and Desktop support. As a project team member, work toward meeting project time lines and milestones. Provides appropriate communication to managers, as well as other technical support staff. Assist with the development and maintenance of appropriate documentation as requested. Act as an on-call resource for the Help Desk.
- Keep abreast of current desktop and LAN technologies through continuing education, journal review, web searches, and formal seminar opportunities.
Associate’s degree in related discipline, plus 1-2 years’ experience in related field; or equivalent combination of experience.
- Advanced PC and Windows expertise, particularly Microsoft Office suite of products or advanced eRecord experience in lieu of PC expertise.
- Basic understanding of LAN/WAN technologies.
- Exceptional customer service skills, including outstanding oral and written communications.
- Advanced problem solving abilities.
- Previous Help Desk or call center experience preferred.
- Mac OS knowledge a plus but not required.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Helpdesk Support Tech I
Location: Health Sciences
Job ID: 210067
Full/Part Time: Full-Time