University of Rochester Helpdesk Support Spec II in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 079 Medical Center Info. Systems
8 AM-5 PM
Provide analysis, troubleshooting, implementation and operational support for URMC network. Provide first and second level support for large customer base whose business functions rely primarily on computer-based technologies. Maintain expertise in current desktop and network technologies, as well as wide range of systems, applications, and customized needs in support of Medical Center, research and academic initiatives.
Under limited direction of ISD Management, with considerable latitude for independent technical initiative, provide the following services:
- Assess, interpret, research and resolve simple to complex customer technical problems received via Help Desk services or electronic methodologies. Utilize strong technical expertise to resolve existing problems related to desktop and LAN technologies. Maintain working knowledge of wide range of URMC systems and technologies. Provide first and second level technical response to maintenance, urgent and emergency technical problems associated with the URMC computer network, including Medical Center and off-site (Wide Area Network) locations. Use independent judgment in decision making when faced with unique customer situations. Train new team members and provide team mentoring on an on-going basis.
- Assist with the coordination and implementation of URMC technical strategies as they relate to patient care, research, administration and academia. Provide technical expertise in meeting customer satisfaction and meeting enterprise strategic goals. Perform routine software installations and upgrades using remote software tools. Manage informational updates as they relate to system outages (crisis management) requiring interaction with other technical groups. Assess documentation and provide input regarding new systems or technical strategies.
- Provide project management functions associated with Help Desk and Desktop technical implementations and/or changes on the URMC network. Under general guidance, develop project timelines and milestones; communicate with appropriate user base; set priorities and manage progression of project implementation tasks as assigned. Provides appropriate communication to other technical support staff. Develops and maintains appropriate documentation. Participate in project enterprise-wide implementation. Assists with interviewing of new Help Desk team members. May participate in collaborative team initiatives across other technical teams.IO% -Essential
- Keep abreast of current desktop, network and LAN technologies through continuing education, journal review, web searches, on the job training and formal seminar opportunities.
Associate's degree in related discipline, plus 3-4 years' experience in related field; or equivalent combination of experience.
- Advanced level of PC and Windows expertise and understanding (2-3 years hands on experience) particularly Microsoft Office suite of products andfor advanced level of expertise and understanding of eRecord.
- Intermediate understanding of LAN/WAN technologies.
- Exceptional customer service skills, including outstanding oral and written communications and ability to diffuse difficult situations.
- Advanced problem solving techniques including ability to troubleshoot without remote access to customer's PC.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Prior Help Desk experience required.
- Mac operating system knowledge preferred but not required.
- Technical certifications a plus.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Helpdesk Support Spec II
Location: Health Sciences
Job ID: 211244
Full/Part Time: Full-Time