University of Rochester Health Project Coord in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 053 Cancer Center/Clin Trials Ofc
8 AM-4:30 PM
To serve as coordinator for clinical trial activities and as advocate for patients enrolled in clinical trials involving the University of Rochester Cancer Center. Under general guidance and with latitude for exercise of independent judgment coordinate patient enrollment, schedules, and care in clinical research studies for the Clinical Trials Office of the University of Rochester Cancer Center. Plans, implements, coordinates, administers and evaluates the care for patients and their families enrolled in protocols of the Cancer Center. Provide professional direction with the planning, implementation, coordination, operation and evaluation of the oncology projects in the Clinical Trials Office. Maintain a working knowledge of the area(s) of expertise by reviewing research literature and abstracts, attending pertinent meetings and seminar, participate in the preparation of regulatory approvals and study documents. Assist with preparing analytical reports for publication.
- Serves as liaison between study personnel, investigators, primary care physicians, hospital staff, patients and their families in all phases of clinical research for the Cancer Center. Plan and execute required aspects of the research project working with the PI, the Clinical Trials Office Administrative Director, physicians and other health care professionals which may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serves as the patient representative during development of Cancer Center studies and projects.
- Identifies and provides for scheduling of study events for patients enrolled.
- Maintains patient data, such as, consent forms, letters, and appointment notices.
- Collects clinical data during all phases of care while patient is on-study, complete case report forms.
- Reviews and evaluate patient data for statistical analysis.
- Assists with study audits conducted by independent monitors and federal and governmental agencies.
- Assists with data analysis for long term projects.
- Serve as point of contact for patients concerning study matters within the university and affiliates. Maintain and prepare detailed documentation of patient procedures and care. Update documentation of patient procedures or data as they occur.
- Assists with data analysis and preparation of materials for publication. Prepare and collate patient study information, status reports and updates as necessary for reporting on progress of patients enrolled in studies in order to accomplish a timely completion.
- Coordinates appointments and correspondence with all patients enrolled in studies. Collaborate with personnel in other departments and facilities to implement patient activities. Consult regularly with attendings and fellows involved with patients enrolled on studies
- Participates in the preparation of study documents and regulatory approvals. Reviews and/or edits study documents. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree with major course work in an appropriate health, social or technical field and 2-3 years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Clincal trials related experience preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Health Project Coord
Location: School of Medicine & Dentistry
Job ID: 209339
Full/Part Time: Full-Time