University of Rochester Health Project Coord in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 053 SMH Hematology/Oncology
8 AM-4:30 PM
Under general guidance and with latitude for exercise of independent judgment enter, analyze and ensure the accuracy and consistency of data for clinical research studies for the Bone Marrow Transplant Office of the James P. Wilmot Cancer Institute at the University of Rochester. Work collaboratively with study team on assigned oncology protocols. Maintain a working knowledge of the area(s) of expertise by reviewing research literature and abstracts, attending pertinent meetings and seminar, participate in the preparation of regulatory approvals and study documents. Assist with preparing analytical reports for publication.
- Administers the BMT Program Database. Collaborates with study coordinators, sponsors, investigators, primary care physicians, and hospital staff in all phases. Develops, documents, and implements data management processes and ensures compliance with all applicable regulatory and departmental SOPs, regulations, and guidelines.
- Collects clinical data during all phases of care while patient is on-study, completes case report forms.
- Completes and submits timely reports of transplants to the National Marrow Donor Program (NMDP)., Center for International Blood & Marrow Transplants Research (CIBMTR), and donor registries.
- Reviews and evaluates patient data for statistical analysis.
- Assists with data analysis for long term projects.
- Prepares regular administrative reports (demographics, workload, survival, engraftment, etc) as a member of the BMT and Cancer Center Quality Councils. Assistants Program Director with other program quality assurance activities. Acts as liaison with sponsor’s monitor to provide data clarifications, to review study protocols.
- Performs duties of Clinical Study Coordinator (NMDP Donor Protocols, NMDP Research Database, and Specific Repository protocols, Cord Blood Transplants protocols and other low accruing BMT studies.
- Assists with data analysis and preparation of materials for publication. Prepares and collates patient study information, status reports and updates as necessary for reporting on progress of patients enrolled in studies in order to accomplish a timely completion.
- Prepares annual standardized ASBMT Request for Information to submit to insurers and Center of Excellence.
- Provides formatted BMT program data to clinician/researchers on request.
- Coordinates audits of BMT program data by transplant and donor registries, insurers, and FACT.
- Maintains working knowledge of assigned diseases and research protocols. Maintains documentation of current training in required databases. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in a health related area or a current New York State Registered Professional Nurse license is preferred. One to three years of direct patient care or clinical trials related experience. Excellent verbal and writing skills are required. Knowledge of computer databases, word processing, spreadsheets and graphics packages are important.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Health Project Coord
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 214043
Full/Part Time: Full-Time