University of Rochester Guest Svcs Spec, SMH in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 006 Ambassador and Guest Services
The Ambassador serves as an advocate, liaison, and problem solver for patients and visitors who enter the main lobby, patient discharge area and other portals as assigned. Ambassadors provide excellent first and last impressions for all patients, families, and visitors. He/she must possess superb customer service skills and should be helpful and professional at all times. Ambassadors work inside as well as outside to accommodate our guest's needs. Required to work some Medical Center Holidays. Wears an approved uniform.
- Problem solve requests, issues and complaints using knowledge of products, policies and services.
- Meets and greets guests, ascertains their needs and directs them accordingly.
- Answers telephones and provides complete and accurate information about SMH and the Medical Center using computer and or written materials as well as personal knowledge while following established policies and using independent judgment and initiative.
- Maintains public transportation schedules and contacts taxis or appropriate transportation as requested.
- Maintains information about SMH, Medical Center, and University and nearby resources (hotels, churches restaurants, etc.). Acts as a concierge for guests.
- Provides assistance for outpatients, post-sedation outpatients, families, and visitors with the use of the Courtesy Cart, Staxis, and wheel chairs. Must be able to frequently push up to 20 lbs of force and infrequently push greater than 20 lbs of force in the provided chairs. May also provide personal walking escorts.
- Follows through on guest concerns by utilizing the !CARE values and Service Recovery process and referrals to Patient Relations.
- Acts as a resource and family advocate when Family Waiting Room is closed to assure accurate, timely information and surgical updates are available to guests.
- Utilizes Visitor Management system to properly identify visitors when required in SMH and GCH.
Interdepartmental and Ambassador Support
- Provides transportation for recently discharged patients to and from the Discharge Lounge to hospital exits.
- Provides transportation for post sedation ambulatory patients to Patient Discharge or Main Lobby.
- Assists and works with the Outside Ambassadors and Valets
- Provides support for Ambassador Conveniences such as Loaner Pager and Phone Charger Loaner programs, Correspondence Log and daily newspaper distribution.
- Calls Environmental Services and Facilities if cleaning is needed or repairs are required.
- Responds to MERTs located near Ambassador posts and provide comfort and assistance to Patient and MERT team.
- Responds to Code tones by providing a safe passageway and ready elevators for Code Team for Codes located near Ambassador posts.
- Assists in training co-workers in the day to day tasks of assigned posts as requested by management.
- Coordinates visitation with the Hospital Units when necessary and appropriate.
- Informs visitors and patients of the SMH smoking policy and direct them to approved smoking areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma.2-3 years customer service related work experience and a valid driver's license preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Guest Svcs Spec, SMH
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 212392
Full/Part Time: Full-Time